- BS in computer science or a related field is typically expected
- experience working as an agile software developer, along with subsequent Scrum Master training and certification.
- APM (Entry Level - Associate in Project Management) , Certified Associate in Project Management(CAPM), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), COMPTIA Project +, Master Project Manager (MPM), Certified Project Director (CDP)
- Public and private 2-year and 4-year colleges, universities, bootcamps & technical Centers
- Certification entities such as COMPTIA, Microsoft, Google, ITIL
- Configuration Management (puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Source Code mgmt. (Git, GitHub, Gitlab)
- continuous integration (Jenkins, etc.)
- continuous testing
- traditional Project Manager skills
- strong business systems knowledge
- prior coding, development, systems design and implementation skills are most often expected to grow to a Project Management role
Foundational employability skills, written and verbal communication skills, customer oriented, analytical problem solving skills, and growing knowledge of business processes.
NOTE: each position must demonstrate the competencies and credentials of the previous position